Senior Backend Developer Java Spring Boot
Location: Accra or Takoradi, Ghana (Hybrid)
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Join our International Team and help us to create greenfield software for one of the biggest and most important projects in Deutsche Telekom Group. Being part of our team, you will have an impact on our 30 million Customers, who will use our product to request Fiber network to their homes and to track our progress of the installation.
Our product is a set of applications and websites to support end-to-end processes covering areas: Fiber pre-ordering, ordering, installation, service management & customer support.
Your role will be to develop microservices-based cloud solutions with state-of-the-art frameworks. We expect that you will support Team development, you will look for the most effective technologies which we could use to build scalable solutions and you will provide high-quality products for our customers.
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Backend Developer
- Experience in CI/CD
- JUnit/Unit Testing
- Design patterns ( REST API design )
- Knowledge about microservices (architecture, patterns)
- Experience with Java (preferred 17), Spring Boot or Quarkus
- Solution-oriented way of working along with a good team and communication skills
- Good communication skills in the English language
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
Would be nice to have
- Experience with Nginx, Helm
- Experience in DevOps is very welcome
- Software development skills in Golang, Flamingo,
- Testing skills (cypress, postman/SoapUI, Wiremock),
- Experience working on international projects would be an asset
- Git (Gitlab)
- Golang, Flamingo, Java
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Living Scrum with SAFe framework with toolkit: Jira, Confluence,
- Over 40 International Scrum Teams + Supporting Teams like: UI/UX, DevOps, System Team, etc.
- You can work from the office or remotely.
You will be a member of a GIGA Scrum Team within the SAFe Releasetrain of Arcade. Our Scrum Team usually consist of: Solution designer, Business Analyst, 3-4 Backend Developers, 2 Frontend Developers, Manual Tester, Automation Tester, Product Owner, Scrum Master.
- We work for Deutsche Telekom IT
- We have flexible working hours – mostly we agree as a Team how we work together
- You will have access to 3 learning platforms to develop your skills
- You will be part of our onboarding program at GIGA.
- You will have a chance to work in different areas and develop different competencies (for example:
AWS, DevOps, Kotlin) – we are always looking for new technologies which we can learn and adapt.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with qualification and experience
- End-of-year gift vouchers
- Medical insurance (includes eye care and dental)
- Employee welfare benefits (for weddings, funerals)
- Interest-free loans for accommodation
- AmaliTechies (employees) bonding activities (bi-monthly happy hour, sporting activities)