Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Service Centre Manager/Client Services Manager
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
Assisting team members on projects to work as per standard scrum methodologies, ensuring projects are delivered at optimum levels; as well as training staff on scrum framework and methodologies.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of performance by recognising areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching & development techniques.
- Ensuring Scrum is understood, and the team and the organisation adhere to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaching the Scrum team in self-organisation, cross-functional skill set, domain knowledge and communicating effectively, both internally and externally, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work, and improving effective team collaboration.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Facilitating all Scrum events and improving all Scrum artefacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or similar field.
- 3 years of product or project development experience in Agile Team, or 2 years of Scrum Master experience in the software industry. You are an expert in your field.
- You know how software development works as a process – preferably you have a degree in computer science/information technology, or you have gained project experience in the software development environment.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organisation and an understanding of facilitation techniques in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Ability to analyse and think quickly to resolve conflict and to adapt to change environments.
- You are passionate about Agile methods and know-how to develop Agile mindsets in others.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- You are performance-driven, and you have the ability to adapt Agile methods to the needs of the company.
- You are excited about digital products.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration, and Integrity) and vision of AmaliTech.
Qualified and interested applicants should click the APPLY NOW button, and then click on “I’m Interested” and follow the instructions to apply.
Ensure you have these documents before applying:
- Latest copy of CV (PDF format)
- Online Interview
- Job Offer
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job. You have the opportunity of building an international IT career and working with global IT companies.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with qualification and experience
- Bonuses and gift vouchers
- Internet data allocation for remote work
- Medical insurance (includes eye care and dental)
- Employee welfare benefits (for weddings, funerals)
- Interest-free loans for accommodation
- Employee bonding activities (bi-monthly happy hour, sporting activities)